Monday, March 28, 2011

Blue Line....70/365

Alright, I know it's been a minute since I've posted, but I just want you to know that I am still taking pictures, I am still here, and I am still documenting my 365.


Ok, so after having said that, last week me and the crew had a family day. A family day is defined as we all spending the day together with no interruptions. No phone calls, no work, no texting other people. Just us all day with nothing to do and all day to do it in. On this particular family day we decide to ride the train. We got on the blue line in Long Beach and rode it all the way to L.A., and then on to Chinatown. The train ride was definitely a new experience for us all. There was so much to look at and take in. I loved it and I know the kids did too.



At some point the train goes underground and it actually becomes a subway.



At the end of the line you have to get off at Union Station, and it is awesome. The architechure of this building was A-ma-zing. I was so in love. I could have sat in the main lobby all day and just people watched. That would have been good enough for me. So many stories, so many lives happening all at once.


Chinatown was pretty cool too. It was crazy to see the buildings and signs in Chinese writing as normal. We went into a store and they had all kinds of motions and potions and roots of trees. The only thing we came out with was a bag of fortune cookies. Haha. Of course.


All in all our first family day of the year was a ton of fun. We will definitely be taking the train again, and who knows where we will end up next time. To me, that doesn't even matter, as long as I am with the ones I love we can go anywhere.


Until next time...


{j}

No comments:

Post a Comment