Monday, August 15, 2011

Day in L.A.....186/365

A few weeks back the kids and I took a trip to L.A. and spent the whole day down there exploring and running around. Of course there is so much to what is considered "L.A." that I know we have just touched the tip of the ice berg. We had so much fun though, that this is one day trip that will have to be added to the repertoire.


We started out at LACMA (the Los Angeles County Museum of Art), they had some awesome art work, the kids and I really enjoyed ourselves. You would think children and art museum are two things that don't go together, but this time it worked. Nobody touched anything, and no one cried cause they were bored. And actually LACMA has a kids art program that if you join the membership the kids get in free until they turn 18 yrs old, and they get an adult in free with they every time they come. So you know we joined immediately, and this whole visit ended up being free (which is my favorite kind!). For those of you in the LA area, the name of the free program for your kids is called NextGen (like Next Generation). You should definitely check it out.



My favorite piece of the day by Jeff Koons...


After the museum we went to the La Brea Tar pits. The smell was horrendous, it was hard to focus on all the interesting facts. You can see what it's all about here... http://www.tarpits.org/


Ok, so they might have gotten a little weary by the end...



Then after those two places we ended the day at the L.A. Farmers Market. I absolutely LOVED this place!!! Lots to see and do and eat. We will definitely be back here soon.






until next time,




♥ j




p.s. I drove like on 3 freeways to get to this area, you should have seen me, I was rollin! Ma, you would have been proud. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment