Monday, February 11, 2008

It all started when....

I have decided to give a little history lesson on myself...
My love affair with photography began about six years ago, after I had my first child. Back then I had just your basic ol' film camera and since we lived in a different state than my mother I promised her that I would send pictures of her (then) only grandchild. So I started taking tons of pictures of Livi. But, as these things with film tend to go, alot of my film ended up un-developed in our junk drawer. Now, don't get me wrong, I loved seeing images of my lovely daughter but I guess you would just call it laziness as the reason I never turned anything in (matter of fact I still have undeveloped film rolling around in my drawer). But anywhoo, fast foward to 2002. That is when I got my first digital camera, it was a Kodak easy share. I loved it's instant gratification capabilities. I mean I could see the picture right after I took it, and then decide if I wanted to take another. It was great. Although, I never did think my pictures were anything but ordinary, my husband would always tell me they were exceptional(wink** wink**). So I decided to take a photography class at the community college. It was there that I found out what I could really do... if I had an SLR. I ended up getting my first digital SLR at the end of 2006 as a b-day and christmas gift combined (thanks grandpa!). I started to believe HEY maybe I do have an "eye" for these types of things and I really could make it my business. Jump ahead to 2008 and here I am, starting my photography business, making the thing I love to do my job. I am so excited about all the things to come and can't wait to make beautiful pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment