Saturday, April 4, 2009

Purpose {another PSA}

So, I was talking with a friend of mine about purpose, and she was telling me that every single person on this earth was created with a purpose. Now, I have heard this before, and while I believed it to be true, I don't think I ever really internalized it. What I mean by that is, I don't think I have ever put any real thought into what MY purpose was. As my friend and I started to talk a little more, I realized that a life with out a purpose is directionless, and that for a little while, MY life had been directionless. I am not one of those people that discovered photography at a young age, and have been taking pictures forever. No, I did not get seriously interested until about 3 years ago. Since then I have immersed myself into the world of photography. If there is something to be read I am all over it, something to be had, I try my darnedest to save for it. Granted I don't have all the fancy gear, nor an actual studio yet, but I know I will get there. I have come to the realization that this photography thing has got to be my purpose in life. To me, it is more than just a job, business opportunity, or a way to make money. I live, breathe, and dream in pictures. Now don't get me wrong, I know what my other responsibilities in life are and I take care of those too, but for me discovering what I was made for has been priceless. I love to bless people with my pictures. Taking pictures makes me happy.
Ok, you know what's coming next...so I will go ahead and ask. Have you discovered your purpose? Have you discovered the thing that is within your very grasp that makes you smile from ear to ear? When you don't have a purpose I believe you can become unhappy in the mundane. Life can become boring. Directionless. I believe you have got to discover what makes YOU tick, not compare it to others' ticks and then nourish your own tick whatever that may be.

Alright enough of that, I will go on ahead and step down from my "soap box" for now. ***This has been another j'marie photography public service announcement.***
And because it doesn't feel right without a picture attached...Enjoy this rare self portrait of your fearless leader. ; )

“If a day goes by without me doing something related to photography, it’s thought I’ve neglected something essential to my existence, as though I had forgotten to wake up.”
~Richard Avedon
Be Blessed today, and every day,
♥ j

No comments:

Post a Comment