Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Dedicated

Last sunday my boy was dedicated at our church (yes he wore his pink suit, I will post a pic later). To be dedicated means alot to me. It is more than just a prayer prayed over him, it is more than just a few words given as a blessing. It is actually me giving my child back to God. It is me saying "Lord, this is your son. And I will do my best to raise him in Your ways to follow after you. Let Your will be done in his life."

For me, this is a little hard to do, because even though I trust in God, sometimes, as a mother, I worry a bit too much. About all my children. I worry that they are not eating enough, that they might not be feeling well, that some kid is hurting their feelings, that they are not getting a fair shake. I worry about their futures, and what that holds. And you know, as a mother, I want to make sure all these things go right. I want my children to live in a perfect world. However, as a mother, I know that that's not a possibility. So, for me, I have to remind myself to trust in the Lord with all my heart and lean not unto my own understanding. Trust that He will take care of my children. Trust that they have a purpose and that no thing or person in this world can change that.

Lord, once again I give my son to you. My one and only son. I pray Lord that You will keep Your mighty hand upon him, that You will keep him safe from harm. No weapon formed against him shall prosper. Bless him O God all the days of his life. May your angels keep constant watch over him, even when I cannot. Take care of this child Lord. I love him with all my heart. Father, I trust this boy with You completely, and I know you will never lead him astray, because after all he was Your child before he ever became mine. Thank you Lord for all my children. Thank you so much.

~Selah



I looked up the meaning of the word dedicate.



Dedicate [verb] dedicated [adjective]; to set apart and consecrate, to devote wholly and earnestly, to offer formally.

When I read those words, they were so powerful to me!

All of my children have been dedicated. In fact to make it plain I have set apart, consecrated, devoted wholly and offered formally all of my children to the Lord forever. Amen.



much love,

~j

No comments:

Post a Comment